MultiSite Manager requirements
BackupAssist MultiSite Manager is a standlaone product that is sold separately from BackupAssist. Please review these pre-requisites before deploying the MultiSite Manager.
Operating System requirements
MultiSite Manager can be installed onto the following operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family (64 bit)
- Windows 10 (Professional, Enterprise)
- Windows 8/8.1 64bit
- Windows 7 32bit & 64bit
License and version requirements
- The MultiSite Manager's computer requires an active MultiSite Manager license subscription.
- A Site Controller needs BackupAssist v8 and a valid BackupCare or Upgrade Protection subscription.
- A BackupAssist computer (managed by MultiSite Manager) needs BackupAssist v8 and a valid BackupCare or Upgrade Protection subscription.
To learn more about licensing, see our MultiSite Manager licensing resource page.
- The MultiSite Manager's computer requires a globally reachable hostname or IP address.
- MultiSite Manager communication over the internet should be secured using SSL Certificates.
- All remotely managed BackupAssist computers and Site Controllers must have internet access.
Remote session requirements
MultiSite Manager can open a remote BackupAssist installation, and run it as a local session on the computer running the MultiSite Manager web application. This feature uses Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop must be enabled on a computer before MultiSite Manager can connect to it and initiate a remote session.
- BackupAssist will automatically enable Remote Desktop for you, when you select Enable Remote Management, in the Remote Setup screen.
- If you use the Remote Session feature to access a Windows 7 or 8 workstation, you will be presented with a full Microsoft Remote Desktop session, which is used to open BackupAssist.
Download the 30-day FREE trial version and test it out for yourself.