[Current version of WinGate is 9.0.5 - Release Notes]
WinGate has a comprehensive array of features outlined below. They fall into 7 main categories. There are too many features to list below, for a full set, see the help documentation. Items in blue have further information available.
Connectivity - Sharing and controlling Internet access
Web Access Control - An impressive range of options for preventing unauthorized Internet traffic.
- Terminal services / multiple users per IP
- Active Directory integration
- WinGate provides several methods of user authentication - NTLM, Active Directory, WinGate Client.
- Support for AI content URL filtering
- In-built or OS user database
- User and group management
- Global and per-service policies
- Advanced policy criteria
Security - Stateful, packet-level firewall and HTTPS Scanning protects the entire network from Internet-based intrusions.
Administration - Monitor web usage and traffic
Performance - Enhance the performance of your Internet connection
Email - Yes, WinGate includes a full featured email server!
- POP3, SMTP, and IMAP4 servers
- Support for Antivirus data scanning
- POP3 mailbox collection
- POP3 and SMTP proxies
- Anti-spam measures
- Attachment blocking
- Remote Email Queue Management
- Multiple authentication options
- MS Outlook secure authentication
- User quotas and restrictions
- Comprehensive message routing
- Secure connections (SSL/TLS)
- Flexible delivery options